Do’s And Don’ts After A Car, Truck Or Motorcycle Accident
Protecting your health and your right to pursue compensation are both important objectives after a motor vehicle accident. If you have been involved in any type of accident involving a motor vehicle, here are some things to do to protect your right to bring a case for compensation:
- Contact the police immediately.
- Get medical attention immediately.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the motor vehicles involved.
- Have your car insurance information readily available and ask the other parties for their insurance information.
- Call an attorney to make sure your rights are protected and to ensure that your property damage and medical costs will be taken care of.
- Attend all medical appointments and follow up with the medical providers’ recommendations.
- Keep a journal with notes about how your injuries have affected your life on a daily basis, including your work and personal and family life.
- Stay in contact with your attorney.
Here are some things not to do, for your own protection:
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident.
- Don’t misrepresent the facts.
- Don’t destroy evidence.
- Don’t leave your doctor in the dark about the seriousness of your injuries.
- Don’t withhold important information from your attorney.
The advice above refers to the immediate aftermath of a car, truck or motorcycle accident. You may already be past that point. You may have awoken to find yourself in a hospital or at home in pain. Whatever your circumstances are, I urge you to contact me, Armando J. Román, at Román Law Office to request a free case analysis. The sooner you contact an attorney, the better. I can help you get your case on track no matter when you call me.
Protecting Your Claim Through Vigilance About The Statute Of Limitations
Texas law sets limits on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury claim. By investigating your claim immediately, I can protect valuable evidence and capture witnesses’ memories while they are fresh. Get legal advice as soon as possible so that your claim can be filed and your rights will be intact.
If I represent you, I will conduct a detailed investigation into the causes of the accident. I will work to prove that someone was negligent and caused your accidental injuries. Then I will help you bring legal action against that person, their insurance company or both. The statute of limitations is a reminder that a prompt investigation can make a great difference in your ability to recover the compensation for which you are eligible.
I Hope To Hear From You Soon
Initial consultations at my law firm are free. I will gladly meet with you by phone, by videoconference, in person in my law offices, at your hospital or at your home. The choice of where and when to meet is yours, but please remember that it is important to contact a lawyer as soon as you can.