Guiding You Through Immigration Issues In Texas
United States immigration law is incredibly complex. It is not wise to handle it on your own. If you make an error or miss a deadline, you could place your immigration status in jeopardy.
Why Hire An Immigration Lawyer?
The United States is known for having a complex immigration system. Navigating it independently, especially if unfamiliar with the process, can be challenging and overwhelming. There can be a lot of bureaucratic obstacles, and the laws and attitudes surrounding U.S. immigration can change quickly.
Armando thoroughly understands these processes and can keep up with the fast-changing legislation surrounding immigration. He can put you at ease and make you feel confident as he guides you through the process. He can also address any questions and concerns you have promptly. If English is not your first language, there is no need to worry. Armando is bilingual in English and Spanish; he can communicate with you in whichever language you prefer.
How Román Law Office Can Help You With Your Immigration Challenges
San Antonio Attorney Armando J. Román can guide you through the immigration process. He regularly helps clients maneuver immigration obstacles like:
- Family immigration: Armando can help your family members immigrating to the United States complete and submit the appropriate paperwork, determine their eligibility for the immigration status they’d like to obtain and guide them through any setbacks they encounter throughout the process.
- Permanent resident/green card status: Armando can help you determine your green card eligibility, help you understand your rights as a permanent resident, and thoroughly review your documents before you submit them to USCIS.
- Fiancé visas: Armando can prepare your fiancé for interviews with the U.S. Embassy, highlight evidence of the relationship you have with your fiancé and help your fiancé obtain green card status after you get married.
- Asylum: Armando can protect your rights and aggressively advocate for your U.S. asylum status. He can also help you obtain forgiveness waivers, so you won’t face prosecution for entering the country illegally.
- Removal defense: Armando can tenaciously defend against the criminal charges you’re facing, protect your green card status, appeal your deportation if you’re found guilty and potentially petition the United States government to grant you reentry.
- Naturalization and citizenship: Armando can help you study for the citizenship test, personally advocate for your U.S. citizenship status and verify your eligibility to seek U.S. citizenship status.
He understands the many challenges that immigrants face, from opposition involving the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Operation Lone Star and trying to bring a loved one to the U.S. As a caring person deeply involved with San Antonio’s Latino community, he is committed to helping you with all these challenges.
Immigration: Do’s And Don’ts
If you are applying for an immigration benefit like citizenship, naturalization or legal permanent residence, DO.
- Hire an attorney.
- Gather records like:
- Birth certificates;
- Marriage certificates/licenses;
- Divorce decrees/orders;
- Criminal records;
- Passports, visas and I-94s; and
- Any other records your attorney requests.
- Gather information like:
- Your employers’ names and contact information dating back at least five years;
- Your educational records, i.e., names of schools attended, addresses and periods of attendance;
- Your physical addresses for the last five years;
- Your parents’ names, dates of birth and places of birth; and
- Children’s names, dates of birth and place of birth.
- Fill out immigration-related forms without the assistance of an attorney.
- Hire a notary public to help you fill out legal documents and immigration applications.
- Misrepresent information on your immigration applications.
- Submit incomplete immigration applications to the USCIS.
It is very important to have an immigration law attorney who can help you avoid mistakes. If you make an error, you could spend even more money correcting it than you would have if you had hired a lawyer. A mistake also takes a lot of time, and many immigration deadlines are time-sensitive.
Want To Know Your Citizenship Eligibility? Román Law Office Can Help.
Armando can help you become a full-time U.S. citizen in Texas. To qualify, you must:
- Be a legal adult.
- Have legally lived in Texas for at least 90 days or in the U.S. for at least five years.
- Demonstrate that you are a good person with integrity.
- Be fluent in English.
- Pass a basic American civics test.
These are a few of the main requirements you’ll need to meet to become a full United States citizen. To learn about the others and whether you meet them, schedule a consultation with Román Law Office today by calling 210-761-5745.
Seek A Strong Defense Against Your Deportation
Nothing is scarier than facing deportation from the United States. Armando knows the consequences of deportation can be steep. He will do everything he can to protect your permanent resident status. He thoroughly understands how immigration courts operate and the evidence needed to create an emotionally compelling and transparent case.
Even if a judge rules for your removal from the United States, Armando can help you aggressively appeal their decision.
Don’t let a deportation uproot the life you’re trying to create for you and your family. Call 210-761-5745 so he can start working on your defense today.
Reach Out To An Immigration Lawyer Today
If you have questions about permanent residency in San Antonio or other immigration issues, please contact Román Law Office. Armando is the caring, knowledgeable attorney to help you. Please call him at 210-761-5745 or use his online contact form to schedule a consultation.