Update Alert: Migrant Protection Protocols Program
When and where will people be allowed to enter?
- “Phase One” of the readmission process will begin on February 19.
- DHS will create a “virtual registration process” where individuals will be able to find out when and where they will be allowed to reenter online or by telephone.
How will people be allowed back in?
- CBP will allow roughly 300 people a day to reenter the United States.
- Before being allowed to enter, individuals will be given a rapid COVID test. They will not be admitted until they test negative.
- Once individuals have entered the United States, they will be placed into an “alternative to detention” program and released to a local border shelter. That shelter will then be able to organize transportation to a final destination.
Contact Román Law Office For a Free Consultation
To schedule a FREE consultation, contact Román Law Office online or by calling or texting 210-812-5614. Your FREE consultation can be conducted in person (COVID-19 health and safety measures in place) or via telephone or videoconferencing. The choice is yours.