Personal Injury: Do and Don't
If you are involved in any type of ACCIDENT involving a motor vehicle, DO:
- Contact the police immediately.
- Get medical attention immediately.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the motor vehicles involved.
- Have your car insurance information readily available and ask the other parties for their insurance information.
- Call an attorney to make sure your rights are protected and to ensure that your property damage and medical costs will be taken care of.
- Attend all medical appointments and follow-up with the medical providers' recommendations.
- Write how your injuries have affected your life on a daily basis, i.e. at work? your sex life?
- Stay in contact with your attorney.
- Leave the scene of the accident.
- Misrepresent the facts.
- Destroy evidence.
- Leave your doctor in the dark about the seriousness of your injuries.
- Lie to your attorney.