CRIMINAL DEFENSE: DO AND DON'T
If you have been arrested or charged with a CRIME, DO:
- Remain silent at all times. Remember, anything you say can and will be used against you.
- Contact an attorney immediately.
- Preserve any evidence that you believe will help your DEFENSE.
- Provide your attorney with accurate information about the allegations you are facing and relevant witnesses.
- Talk with the police or law enforcement authorities without the presence of your attorney.
- Sign anything.
- Discuss your case with anyone, EXCEPT, your attorney. Not even your family or best friends.
- Destroy evidence.